How would believing in God make my life better?

I am really fedup of my life. I have done the whole "I only believe in science" thing and although science does have a stark beauty, I have found no comfort in it's cold emotionless logic. Science is full of facts and figures but there is no substance. There is no soul. As an athiest I have... show more I am really fedup of my life.

I have done the whole "I only believe in science" thing and although science does have a stark beauty, I have found no comfort in it's cold emotionless logic.

Science is full of facts and figures but there is no substance. There is no soul.

As an athiest I have become angry, jealous and dead hearted and every time I rage at someone for believing in God, I feel like I have died a little bit more.

My life just isn't going the way I had envisioned it and I have become a lonely, directionaless individual. The opening lines of the Divine Comedy is perhaps the best way to describe how I feel.

"In the middle of the journey of our life, I came to myself, in a dark wood, where the direct way was lost. It is a hard thing to speak of, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood was, so that thinking of it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death:"

At this point in my life, I find myself thinking that maybe I am not capable of doing this alone. Maybe those I have argued with in the past were right and I just could not see it or maybe in my atheistic rages, I just chose not to see it.

Still though - after being an atheist for so long, it is hard to accept that maybe I was wrong. So I wonder, how would believing in God make my life better?

This time I am not trolling or trying to be flippent like I might have been in the past. I am genuinely asking because I don't want to spend the rest of my life angry and jealous and lonely.