Can someone give me some "hardy" breakfast ideas for a crowd?

I'm going with my gf and her family to their beach bungalow next week. The trip is basically free. We'll be eating mostly at the bungalow. Six adults (paired into three couples) and two children will be going Each couple will be providing (purchasing and cooking) one breakfast and one dinner. And it... show more I'm going with my gf and her family to their beach bungalow next week. The trip is basically free. We'll be eating mostly at the bungalow.

Six adults (paired into three couples) and two children will be going

Each couple will be providing (purchasing and cooking) one breakfast and one dinner. And it will be catch as catch can for lunch.

I'm told that the meals should be "hardy" as there will be excursions planned almost every day.

My gf doesn't cook much. Her mother could have a cooking show, her cooking is that good. We've already decided I'll do the cooking and she'll do the cleaning and we'll split the food costs 50/50.

The dinner is a no-brainer. Grilled hamburgers and brats (or hot dogs). But breakfast has me stumped.

I don't usually cook breakfast. Occasionally I'll whip up pancakes. But I have a feeling other couples will be going the pancake route.

My grandmother made a baked pancake with apples, butter and brown sugar on the bottom that you flipped. Kind of like an upside down apple pancake. It was puffy and didn't need syrup. That would be cool only I don't know how she made it .

I was also considering scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy and potatoes O'Brien. That wouldn't be too time consuming if I used canned biscuits and boil and serve gravy mix.

But I'm a little leery on baking and heating up the house.