Why am I obsessed with people's parents?

I know it's weird but like I have a weird obsession with the parents of my friends. It doesn't matter if they are my best friend or just an acquaintance for some reason I always feel like I love the parents. Not necessarily are than the kids but I enjoy the company of the parents as much as the kids. I've had this problem my whole life and I'm 15, almost 16 now.

I feel like part if it is the fact that I was raised without a dad and both my mom raised both my sister and I (from different dads) by herself with the help of my grandparents (my mom's parents) Neither my sister and I know our dads, they both left us, and maybe this is why I like seeing normal families so much. Even if the family isn't functional I still like talking with the parents and considering them my "friends" it's weird and I don't know how to stop it.

I think you just answered your own question. You're curious and fascinated by "normal" two-parent families because you came from a family that was run by a single parent (your mom) with the help of your maternal grandparents. There's nothing wrong with being friends with your friend's parents and no reason to change this mindset of yours. We all have our quirks and that's what makes us individuals.

Stop by taking a step back and appreciating how challenging it was for your mother to raise you girls without a partner and companion.

cause you like them, nothing wrong with that

Lacking love?????