How to cope with a disrespectful coworker?

Over the course of two years I've worked my way up from a dishwasher to a prep cook in the restaurant I work in. One of my coworkers was at some point my close friend and was the one who convinced me to ask about switching positions in the first place. After a spiraling downfall of her coming in in one bad mood... show more Over the course of two years I've worked my way up from a dishwasher to a prep cook in the restaurant I work in. One of my coworkers was at some point my close friend and was the one who convinced me to ask about switching positions in the first place. After a spiraling downfall of her coming in in one bad mood after another and taking it out on me, I had had enough and I spoke to my boss about the condescending disrescpet I was greeted with every evening. He had a talk with her and now she has not spoken to me in months. She will not communicate with me for work purposes, she rolls her eyes and scoffs at me whenever I walk by her or I'm within he right, she has attempted to hit me by kicking trash cans in my direction as I'm walking down the hall, she's even referred to me as "f*cking idiot" when I accidentally hit her with the revolving restaurant doors as she was walking in and I was walking out. I will be the first to admit that I am sensitive and I hate confrontation. I have tried to be very passive about the whole situation. I still try to treat her with the same respect and fairness that I give to my coworkers, but she's really starting to wear me down.
15 answers 15