Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Why do liberals like to denigrate religious belief?

I don’t understand it.

Surely as liberals you support freedom of expression, thought and conscience?

Yet you denigrate religious people’s beliefs constantly.

This makes no sense and is the opposite of liberalism.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Exposing the hypocrisy of the liberal left is like teaching a fish to swim. It's easily done. Liberals don't want people to know eternal freedom. They focus on the here and now, pretending that there's nothing afterward.

• Ted K
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

What a steaming pile of crap.

• 2 years ago

"Liberals" have the same right to denigrate religious belief as conservatives have to denigrate the speech of the kids who survived school shootings. The difference is those superstitious conservatives, being heavily emotionally invested in fantasy and largely unfamiliar with what their own scripture says, and knowing that their white privilege is coming to an end, consider criticism of their unsubstantiated claims to be denigration.

• 2 years ago

If you would stop screaming on street corners, no one would know your beliefs.

• 2 years ago

Which liberals are denigrating beliefs? I ve never heard of this happening. In Canada, the Liberal Party, The Conservatives, The New Democrats and The Greens are all very open to religions.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jea
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Misty nailed this one. And you missed a point too. MOST liberals in the USA are christians. Much more Christ like than conservatives too I might add. So if you could find a way to leave other people out of your ridiculous fantasy, you and the rest of us would all be on better footing.

• sarah
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Actually, they do not it is just what you have been told by the super rich elite who want you to vote for them. The left is more to help the poor, and have equal rights for everyone. They are big advocates of "freedom of religion" Where the Republicans want you to worship them and their rich companies and money and work for low wages and be their servants. So it is what you have been told that is simply not true.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Because liberals are idiots. I’m not religious.

• Ted K
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Interesting that you make a vague, broad, unsupported claim about others being idiots--the kind of claim which itself is completely idiotic.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

You are following ancient superstition and you are trying to impose your beliefs on the rest of us. And that is more than I will take.

• Ted K
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

If you are truly solid and confidant in your faith, then what the hell should it matter to you what random strangers have to say? If it bothers you so much, then maybe your belief is not very strong.

• Duck
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

I'm a Christian and a liberal. What's your point?

• Ted K
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Hey smartassa..If he doesn't follow the evangelical right's perversion of Christianity--i.e. religion that's been twisted and corrupted into little more than a vile, self-righteous and selfish political ideology--then he probably IS "really a Christian."

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.