Is it worth buying a projector and screen to TV, PC, and Netflix etc?

I have been looking at cheaper projectors and they seem reasonable for small homes (short projection distance/large screen) but vary in lumens and resolution.

not too sure what I need but don t have a large living room. Any thoughts or help welcome.

I should say that I am in the UK and have a 42" Sony 1080p smart 3D TV which I link to my computer at the moment.

Don't. You don't need a TV AND a projector. Your Sony TV looks much better than a cheap projector.

Consult a local home theater installer for in-person assistance.

Cheaper projectors tend to be noisy; need regular maintenance; have short lamp lifetimes and require almost total black-out conditions to be viewed on large screens.

Don't forgot to factor in the costs of replacement lamp and filter units - you'll need a new one every few thousand hours; and the price of new curtains.

"Is it worth buying a projector and screen to TV, PC, and Netflix etc?"

As long as it's not a cheap projector, and you have a decent screen, yes. Otherwise, no.

"I have been looking at cheaper projectors..."

So, poor quality picture, noisy fan and poor reliability, then.

"not too sure what I need but don t have a large living room"

If you want to enjoy what you watch, then you need the best projector and the best screen you can afford, not some cheapo thing, that will ruin your viewing experience.

USE 42" WIDE SCREEN DISPLAY IS THE BEST FOR HOME.