How to improve my friendship with someone?

I'm 15 and a girl and I have a friend who is 17 and is also a girl. (we are straight) So my friend always compares herself to a saluki dog, so for fun, I made an edit as her as a saluki dog. I thought she would think this was funny, but I was wrong. I showed it to her and she put her hand over her mouth and ran... show more I'm 15 and a girl and I have a friend who is 17 and is also a girl. (we are straight) So my friend always compares herself to a saluki dog, so for fun, I made an edit as her as a saluki dog. I thought she would think this was funny, but I was wrong. I showed it to her and she put her hand over her mouth and ran away. Clear sign she didn't like it. I didn't post it on the internet and I didn't even show it to anyone besides her. Since then I've deleted the picture from my phone and it's gone from existence. I'm really worried about our friendship now what should I do? We aren't super close and after this incident we won't see each other for a week. I'm hoping she will forget about it, but I don't know.
Update: a saluki dog is a grey hound like dog with longer fur
1 answer 1