Why does my friend keep making me feel uncomfortable?

Well there’s this girl in my class and she calls me her bestie, I thought we were becoming great friends but then gradually her personality started to change. I noticed she gets physically annoyed when the conversation changes to anything other then her, she always has to be in the centre of attention. Also she... show more Well there’s this girl in my class and she calls me her bestie, I thought we were becoming great friends but then gradually her personality started to change. I noticed she gets physically annoyed when the conversation changes to anything other then her, she always has to be in the centre of attention.

Also she keeps asking boys if they prefer me or her, say if they said they preferred me then she would wine on at them saying she’s upset and hurt they didn’t like her, so eventually they say they prefer her and not me. On the other hand if they said her her face would light up and she would get so happy and then gloat about it to me to rub it in.

Along with this she keeps comparing herself to me, all the time and I feel sick listening to her. I know she’s not insecure because it’s obvious she loves herself but she keeps saying stuff like oh I wish I was Zara (me) or omg guys why is everyone saying this about zara(me) and not me - only not in a nice way like as in spite and jealousy.

She always goes on and if I’m honest I’m getting sick of it (I don’t want to sound mean) but she’s the type of person who would turn people against me in an argument so I don’t know what to do...

if anyone actually read this far please could u give me some advice on what to do because this girl is always trying to make me insecure.