Am I crazy? I am confused..need advice and thoughts please?

My boyfriend (ex now) said we could work on things together and if we are getting a long in a couple months we can get back together. We have been together for 5 yrs. I became distant from him because he said some hurtful things to me last year and just told me to get over it. Well I decided to try to repair us. I... show more My boyfriend (ex now) said we could work on things together and if we are getting a long in a couple months we can get back together. We have been together for 5 yrs. I became distant from him because he said some hurtful things to me last year and just told me to get over it. Well I decided to try to repair us. I would spill my feelings out to him, how much I loved him, bought him an expensive Valentines gift with nothing in return which was fine with me. I would send him good night/morning txts, and he would text back right away or even call me. He would flirt with me when he sexually wanted me. But he would never tell me I love you back or tell me anything sweet. He started going out getting drunk with his friend a couple nights a week, and trying to act "cool" I was fed up so last week I asked him about our relationship a couple times and he would say i dont want to talk about it right now or I am busy. When I asked why he would get angry and tell me I am nuts. Finally a couple days ago he finally talked to me about it but was very angry and said he didn't want to be in a relationship right now he wanted to get a better job and relationships are hard work. He told me he still loves me and would be with me when he is ready. I got mad and told him he is narcissitic.. Now I am getting the silent treatment, so I am ignoring him too. Do my own thing. True love gets through ups and downs he just poured 5 yrs worth of memories down the drain. What do you think any advice?
6 answers 6