Overcontrolling Parents?

I’m 17 and my parents are gonna kill me with how controlling they are. I’m currently in college and they force me to leave them on a phone call to make sure I’m not “doing anything” with my boyfriend. They tell me to turn on my location and if my phone dies, I get grounded. I get straight A’s and not once have they... show more I’m 17 and my parents are gonna kill me with how controlling they are. I’m currently in college and they force me to leave them on a phone call to make sure I’m not “doing anything” with my boyfriend. They tell me to turn on my location and if my phone dies, I get grounded. I get straight A’s and not once have they applauded me and made me feel good for it. They’ve constantly made me feel worse about myself compared to my younger sister, telling me I will never amount to her success as a gifted student. They want me to go to the same university as her and also move in with her and not only that, my mom wants to move in with us too! The only one who understands me is my boyfriend and I wish Incould move in with him, but I’m unfortunately not of age (I turn 18 in 7 months). I can’t talk with them either, they turn to yelling and not hearing me. It makes me want to die.
7 answers 7