Am I being unreasonable for wanting to move out?

I'm a 20 years old male, with two older sisters in their mid and late 20's. My mom still treats me like a kid. My sister's work, but they still live with my parents. I'm in school so I don't have the time to work. I go to a school that's far from my house, so commuting also takes quite some... show more I'm a 20 years old male, with two older sisters in their mid and late 20's. My mom still treats me like a kid. My sister's work, but they still live with my parents. I'm in school so I don't have the time to work. I go to a school that's far from my house, so commuting also takes quite some of my time.

My mom keeps a lot of stuff from me. If something happens in my extended family, such as my aunt and my uncle had an argument, or my cousin is pregnant, my mom will tell everybody but me. She will go into detail about conversations of their argument or whatever with my sisters and dad, but when I ask what happened, she will be like "oh nothing, just this happened". If I ask her what exactly happened hinting her to go into detail, she will respond, I told you just this happened. Nothing else. Anything happens in the family, they will keep within the family.

My mom will tell my sisters about plans a week ahead, but will tell me the day its happening "today were going to this place". My parents won't explain life to me. My dad didn't let me get my license at 16 telling me I was too young, and that I don't need it until I graduate college.

My cousins tell me my parents aren't letting me grow. My cousins even treat me like adults. My mom especially, considering she hides a lot from me, I began hiding things from her, What happens in school, etc. I've began not involving her or anybody else with what happens in my life. I spoken to them many times about this, but they ignore me.
5 answers 5