What field of nursing should I consider?

I'm getting ready to graduate from nursing school this spring with my BSN. We've been exposed to different fields of nursing, but I'm struggling between which field of nursing I want to enter. During my teenager years I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and have love and respect and passion for... show more I'm getting ready to graduate from nursing school this spring with my BSN. We've been exposed to different fields of nursing, but I'm struggling between which field of nursing I want to enter. During my teenager years I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and have love and respect and passion for oncology, but I'm not sure I want to work in oncology. Also during my teen years I had a lot of appointments with ENT/head and neck surgery and multiple surgeries with ENT and other multiple surgeries. I love the head and neck surgery department, but also love the operating room and I know I can be exposed to all fields in the operating room. I have also thought of hospice nursing because when my grandmother was in hospice and I saw the way she was taken care of and the love and compassion and care she got really inspired me. Everyone keeps saying I will get "compassion fatigue" in hospice. What do you think I should consider? How did you all pick what field of nursing you're in?
3 answers 3