Why does my mom get so involved with who I like?

This doesn't happen all the time but sometimes, when I like a guy, my mom will start asking a ton of questions about the guy. For instance, I'll mention that a guy talked to me and she'll ask me about if he still lives in the same area and starts assuming things about them. One day, she said "he is... show more This doesn't happen all the time but sometimes, when I like a guy, my mom will start asking a ton of questions about the guy. For instance, I'll mention that a guy talked to me and she'll ask me about if he still lives in the same area and starts assuming things about them. One day, she said "he is a good person to befriend," etc. Sometimes, I feel like when I like a guy, she'll start to make comments, almost like she is interested in them. I am young; I'm in my 20's.

Like I said, this doesn't happen all the time, but it is annoying when it does. For instance, some guy introduced himself to me and talked with me near where I live and she said wow, he never has introduced himself to me. My mom has said hi to him before but she says he acted cold. This guy had to tell me something about the building. Later on, she asked me why he came to tell me about a thing when he could have asked anyone else in the building. She didn't say it in a mad way but you could tell she was wondering why he talked to me like she seemed slightly bothered by it. But she did ask me if he was nice.

Also, when I was talking to him, my dad had come home at the same time and was staring over at me for about two minutes while I was talking to him. This guy is definitely older than me but I still find him attractive and nice. My dad said he was a nice guy. I think my mom acts this way because I have mentioned two guys I like who are older than me (much older). Sometimes, I find older guys attractive.
1 answer 1