Is my expectations of a relationship not realistic? Would you do this for your husband/wife?

So my fiance' and I were watching a movie and in the movie the wife gets kidnapped and gets taken to a kidnappers house. The husband investigates everything and goes above and beyond to help his wife because the police didn't do anything. Anyway basically in the movie he risks his life to save his wife in... show more So my fiance' and I were watching a movie and in the movie the wife gets kidnapped and gets taken to a kidnappers house. The husband investigates everything and goes above and beyond to help his wife because the police didn't do anything.

Anyway basically in the movie he risks his life to save his wife in risk of dying because the kidnapper was a serial killer.

Would you risk your life to save your husband/wife would you go through something like this?

I said i would and i would my husband would for me as well. My fiance said he wouldn't his response was, "no point in both of us dying." its honestly making me question our relationship. Am I over thinking?
Update: Also would you do this for your spouse?