I don't know what antiques to buy?

I want to start a collection, but i keep buying things that im not sure I'll make any profit on. Today i bought a Players Please mirror for 40 euros, its old but its missing another bit of writing at the end thats supposed to say thank you, the man wanted 50 for it, he also tried to sell me a Chinese bowl that... show more I want to start a collection, but i keep buying things that im not sure I'll make any profit on. Today i bought a Players Please mirror for 40 euros, its old but its missing another bit of writing at the end thats supposed to say thank you, the man wanted 50 for it, he also tried to sell me a Chinese bowl that was going for 270 euro, but he said he'd give it to me for 100, because i had 100, he was starting to wrap it up, i said no wait a minute, i haven't a clue about that im afraid I'll have to leave it, and i did, im not buying something for 100 euro when i don't know if its a bargain or he's trying to pull the wool over my eyes, no way. I bought a scales not too long ago too, it was 25 and i got it for 22, its quite a boring scales actually, i just bought it on an impulse because it was cheap. I also bought a Vespa motorcycle calender with a girl on the bike and mountains in the backdrop for about 25 euro. My whole point is, i want to make a profit. I hear Chinese pottery is popular, but from what era!?, bronze art deco figures, or any bronze busts. Im just trying to make some money.
7 answers 7