My coworker keeps asking me to cover her?

I have this one coworker who has been really rude and bitchy to me since day 1. Her favorite pastime is bossing me around, blaming me for things, etc. and I really dislike her. She asked me twice today to cover various shifts of hers, giving two separate excuses: She has to write a paper for a class, and she has a... show more I have this one coworker who has been really rude and bitchy to me since day 1. Her favorite pastime is bossing me around, blaming me for things, etc. and I really dislike her. She asked me twice today to cover various shifts of hers, giving two separate excuses: She has to write a paper for a class, and she has a meeting with someone and wants me to come in early for a shift to cover her so she can leave early. Honestly, for the first one, she should really schedule her time better, and for the second one, don't schedule appointments in the middle of your work schedule (especially when our work schedules are released 3 weeks in advance). This probably comes off sounding harsh, but she's been extremely rude to me when I've given her no reason to be, and now she wants me to cover her on 2 different days with loose excuses. Am I right in declining both of them?
10 answers 10