My cat scratched me underneath my eye a few days ago, and now I have a black eye and a weird string coming out of the cut?

When he first scratched it, it squirted blood for a good while (like in a horror movie. It was gross) and there was a squishy yellow thing coming out of the laceration which I assumed was a glob of fat, since the cut was pretty deep. Now, that same glob is sticking out of the cut like a bump and if I pull it,... show more When he first scratched it, it squirted blood for a good while (like in a horror movie. It was gross) and there was a squishy yellow thing coming out of the laceration which I assumed was a glob of fat, since the cut was pretty deep. Now, that same glob is sticking out of the cut like a bump and if I pull it, it's a little white tube. The doctor cleaned the cut the day it happened, but I'm just worried this little string is something serious that he may not have noticed, because it goes deep into my eye socket and I can feel the pressure when I pull on it with tweezers (I thought it was a loose piece of scab and tried to remove it last night, which was when I discovered this long yellow-white tube underneath the cut). Anyone have any idea what it is and if I should go back to the doctor?