Spiritually, why make trouble for a baker?

So you're ordering a cake for a same-sex marriage. So what? Order the cake without any little couple atop it, no names. Then go to a place which sells little plastic brides and grooms, buy two of whichever gender you want, and at the party, stick 'em on there. (It would be FUN to discover whether or not... show more So you're ordering a cake for a same-sex marriage. So what? Order the cake without any little couple atop it, no names.

Then go to a place which sells little plastic brides and grooms, buy two of whichever gender you want, and at the party, stick 'em on there.

(It would be FUN to discover whether or not the goofy folks at Hobby Lobby have a RULE that nobody can buy two cake toppers of the same gender! They're some sort of Fundies, or so the rumours go).
Update: Did some of you misunderstand my question? Somebody wants a cake, they show the baker the design they want. No names, no little people. Baker may have a religious reason NOT to bake a cake for people offending the baker's religion, but, since the baker has no clue that it IS for a wedding of a same sex couple... show more Did some of you misunderstand my question?
Somebody wants a cake, they show the baker the design they want. No names, no little people.

Baker may have a religious reason NOT to bake a cake for people offending the baker's religion, but, since the baker has no clue that it IS for a wedding of a same sex couple or an interracial couple, or a rich old man and an eager young gold-digger, it's just another cake.

Then, you take the cake to the party site, add whatever decorations you want.
Update 2: I'm awarding BEST ANSWER to "Evangelizing the Lost", so as to point out that a person who can completely misunderstand what was written only a few DAYS ago, to the point where they can claim to know what is going on INSIDE the MIND of a person they have never met, should be VERY CAREFUL about claiming... show more I'm awarding BEST ANSWER to "Evangelizing the Lost", so as to point out that a person who can completely misunderstand what was written only a few DAYS ago, to the point where they can claim to know what is going on INSIDE the MIND of a person they have never met, should be VERY CAREFUL about claiming to KNOW what is going on inside the mind of a God, based on stuff that was written a couple thousand YEARS ago.

It is dangerous to be that self-righteously arrogant about what one reads.
7 answers 7