Should I ditch my duties as a bridesmaid because I wasn’t placed as maid of honour?

My cousin (who’s also my closest friend and a childhood friend) is getting married in 2 months. I was expecting to be her maid of honour, long story short I was quite upset for a while when I found out she had placed her second cousin as maid of honour and me after her. I never mentioned anything to her and I... show more My cousin (who’s also my closest friend and a childhood friend) is getting married in 2 months. I was expecting to be her maid of honour, long story short I was quite upset for a while when I found out she had placed her second cousin as maid of honour and me after her.
I never mentioned anything to her and I didn’t want to make it about me and didn’t want to upset her and make 5ings awkward. But the maid of honour is doing nothing about the hens. I was having a convo with the bride recently and she mentioned she said organising the hens, when I asked her why she was the one organising it and told her to not forget about it because that wasn’t her job. I msgd the maid of honour and started talking about other ideas, the maid of honour seem a like she’s relying on me, she’s got nothing planned yet, I had to book the hotel, and I keep nagging her about where we’re at because we’re running out of time.
Should I just stop stressing over it and leave it to the maid of honour and not care about whatever happens on the day? I’m still hurt ober it but why should I be doing these things when someone’s else gets the honour title?
Update: Making things***
Told her to forget about it****
She was**** organising the hens
Over it***
I should really spell check before posting next time