Should I take away my Grandpa's U.S. Veteran hat while he's not looking since he's not a Veteran?

Sometimes I feel like I want to take that hat away from him. He wears that hat everywhere he goes and people keep saying "thank you for your service" "you are a hero", I find it disrespectful to those that served and hopefully he's not getting discounts on things since he's not a Veteran... show more Sometimes I feel like I want to take that hat away from him. He wears that hat everywhere he goes and people keep saying "thank you for your service" "you are a hero", I find it disrespectful to those that served and hopefully he's not getting discounts on things since he's not a Veteran and if a real Veteran sees him wearing that hat and finds out he's not one then they are going to be upset. Should I take it away from him or should I let him learn the hard way when a real Veteran sees him?.