Anger issues, He blames me for everything even over a simple game. Any way to help this be easy on ME, or even help me help HIM?

Me and my boyfriend are both gamers, we are in a long distance relationship. We met online playing games and we just clicked, we are both in our 20's, I'm 20 he is 24. We play this game called Rainbow Six Siege, its a first person shooter game. Every time I lose the game for us, he loses his temper gets... show more Me and my boyfriend are both gamers, we are in a long distance relationship. We met online playing games and we just clicked, we are both in our 20's, I'm 20 he is 24. We play this game called Rainbow Six Siege, its a first person shooter game. Every time I lose the game for us, he loses his temper gets insanely mad, calls me the b word, I always calmly tell him that I tried my best at the game, he gets mad and yells "get good" and then leaves the chat, turns off his phone, and leaves me there alone with no way of contacting him. When he calms down he still blames me for it every time, I take the blame and we move on with our day. Now its gotten to the point where on EVERY game I make a simple mistake and he yells "You are always so (Insert bad word here) at games". Its honestly really killing me inside, ive tried confronting him about it but I guess you can figure how that goes considering I'm on this asking you people. Please give me some advice, I don't want to lose him, and I don't want his actions to lose me either.
Update: I have seen him, we skype almost everyday, ive met his mom (she hates me), ive done nothing but been nice to her. I know he is the age he says, ive know him for 2 years. He is , believe it or not, he is very caring and sweet sometimes. At nights, we text each other before we go to bed, he calls me sweetheart and... show more I have seen him, we skype almost everyday, ive met his mom (she hates me), ive done nothing but been nice to her. I know he is the age he says, ive know him for 2 years. He is , believe it or not, he is very caring and sweet sometimes. At nights, we text each other before we go to bed, he calls me sweetheart and stuff, he says he loves me and everything sends me hearts. He never got "moody" during our first year together. But simple things trigger his mean side for some reason now.