Should I spend my bday with my husband alone or include friends and family ??

We’ve been married since August 2017. My birthday is coming up next month and I told my husband I want to spend it with him, friends and family. He’s not happy about it because he wants me to spend it just with him. We talked about it and I explained to him my bday is not a romantic day like valentines. I want... show more We’ve been married since August 2017. My birthday is coming up next month and I told my husband I want to spend it with him, friends and family. He’s not happy about it because he wants me to spend it just with him. We talked about it and I explained to him my bday is not a romantic day like valentines. I want our friends and family to be included. But I still couldn’t reason him and it continues to be an issue so much so that I’m not looking forward to the day anymore because I don’t know what to do.

He behaved this same way over Christmas and New Years and refused to include anyone else and we ended up spending both days on the sofa watching Netflix and sleeping while everyone else was out with their loved ones enjoying the festivities. I don’t want my bday to be like that.