My husband seems upset, what to do?

So I have a son from a previous relationship. Tomorrow my son has a appointment to a new place and his father is going to go to the appointment too. My husband sayd that the father needs to stop inviting himself to my sons appointments. And that i need it written in our visitation agreement. He only goes to... show more So I have a son from a previous relationship. Tomorrow my son has a appointment to a new place and his father is going to go to the appointment too. My husband sayd that the father needs to stop inviting himself to my sons appointments. And that i need it written in our visitation agreement.
He only goes to doctor appointments and school awards. And this is the first appointment for our son to see a therapist. So I can understand him going to this one. But it should be the only one he attends unless he is the only one taking him. I don't feel I have the right to say to his dad he can not go to things dealing with his child. But is my hudband wrong for saying this? Should i express that I couldn't tell my sons father he can't go?