Was this ignorant?

My wife's friend called with washer problems and asked if we knew someone who could repair it. I had a little personal experience and offered to go over and look at it for free. The washer was contained in a small closet-sized room in the basement with a trash bin beside it. It was so small that I had to... show more My wife's friend called with washer problems and asked if we knew someone who could repair it. I had a little personal experience and offered to go over and look at it for free. The washer was contained in a small closet-sized room in the basement with a trash bin beside it. It was so small that I had to lean against it to work on the washer. Upon entering the room I got a really putrid smell that I started gagging. The trash bin was full of dirty diapers.

I tried to work through the smell and my wife's friend said "sorry about the smell, but u have kids so I figured u are used to it". I didn't complain and concealed my gagging for the sake of not creating a rift between my wife and her friend. I spent over an hour in the room and not once did she attempt/offer to move the bin out.

I went home after and told my wife (as politely as possible) not to ask me to go over there to help anymore and explained why.

She was offended