Refinishing mahogany bedroom set. prestain vs woodglue filler and peeling veneer.?

Wood working experts! I have a beautiful mahogany bedroom that's pretty beat up. (especially the nightstand which has a veneer panel that's peeling up, it appears to be the only piece made with veneer) I need tips on how to refinish (and how to deal with the peeling veneer). I'm also wondering... show more Wood working experts! I have a beautiful mahogany bedroom that's pretty beat up. (especially the nightstand which has a veneer panel that's peeling up, it appears to be the only piece made with veneer) I need tips on how to refinish (and how to deal with the peeling veneer). I'm also wondering what's the difference between woodgrain filler and prestain and if I should use either/both. I believe the top piece of the nightstand will need to be refinished entirely but for the other pieces that just have spot scratches is there something else I could do? Something like restor-a-finish perhaps? I was thinking about using Tung or Linseed oil as the final finish (want something a bit lighter than just casing it in polyurethane)
Update: Wood grain filler vs prestain