Can he do this?

I was driving out of a parking lot earlier and my friend was driving in front of me. I had to make a quite odd u turn out of my spot to get back to the entrance, and on the down slope of the turn i accidentally barely bumped his car. I was shocked, i didnt think i was that close to his car. Naturally i put my car... show more I was driving out of a parking lot earlier and my friend was driving in front of me. I had to make a quite odd u turn out of my spot to get back to the entrance, and on the down slope of the turn i accidentally barely bumped his car. I was shocked, i didnt think i was that close to his car. Naturally i put my car in park and take my seatbelt off and waited for him to get out to talk. Well he stormed out of his car, ripped open my car door and yanked me out of the car. I was really anxious at this point and i didnt know what to do, so i tried to apologize and tell him it was a complete accident. We look at the mark and it was probably the size of a quarter, not even noticable unless you look for it up close. He continued to push me around and hit me, and i didnt think this was appropriate/legal. Obviously im not gonna have any legal action with it because A. He is my friend and B. I was the one who accidentally bumped into him, but i have been feeling anxious about the whole situation all day and was this reaction appropriate?
7 answers 7