Windows XP Forever?

Is there a good way to run win7 apps under xp ? new skype version wont run in xp and all older versions are blocked ? Is there a way to run old skype or yahoo messenger versions in xp ? any way to use latest flash / java in xp ? Would love a way to emulate win7 under xp so skype, java and flash think its running... show more Is there a good way to run win7 apps under xp ?
new skype version wont run in xp and all older versions are blocked ?
Is there a way to run old skype or yahoo messenger versions in xp ?
any way to use latest flash / java in xp ?
Would love a way to emulate win7 under xp so skype, java and flash
think its running win7 while it really is xp, is there such a thing ?

I tryed win7 , and hated it intensely when it block admin from system folders, making all management a pita, making "everyone" blocked and admin allowed
is a pretty serious fault ruining the whole usefulness for me and any recursive action will always fail on any drive
my favorite editor wordpad default to a horrible font instead of arial single spaced
anything after win7 is too horrible to even contemplate.
Update: Yes vmware is one option I considered, its wasteful and might get problems with conflicts if xp and win7 use same device simulations. For the long run writing own software that actually do something other than hog all memory and, crash and pester me with ads and captchas. Good thing ff is open source