Atheist, does public prayer bother you or make you uncomfortable?

Favorite Answer

Only if it inconveniences me.

The last time I was bothered in that way was at the start of the Iraq War when some peace activists blocked traffic for a prayer against the war. I was stuck in the minor traffic jam that resulted for about 20 minutes.

• brother trucker
      2 years agoReport

Yes but the war didnt last much longer then 20 minutes. Thank God 4 the peacnicks.

So you are ok with all religious practices ?.

Listening to it is kind of nice. But does bit mean anything? Have a resonance?

NAH.

If you or any of your friends wish to talk to yourselves that is up to you.

Only when I'm expected to participate in some manner when I'm trying to do something else.

Source(s): Now, provide a deity. Send it over to my place for dinner so it can prove itself to me. Free Thinkers are here to answer your religious questions with intelligence, wit, and sarcasm to steer you on the path paved with logic and reason.
    • Stonewall
      2 years agoReport

And only one promise for eternity. A devils hell.

Why don't the indoctrinated believers say those prayers before they enter an establisment; i.e., in the parking lot, or at the home of one of their group. But I will not discontinue talking with friends at my table because a few muddled minds think they can talk to an imaginary god thingie.

• Jeancommunicates
      2 years agoReport

A few muddled minds have let your Evolution Lie into modern science. We are forced to listen to that garbage in school.
      How can one little prayer harm you for 2 minutes?

• Caesar

Not all but you know who say something about that... a guy Christians call Jesus ...in Matthew 6:5 And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward...but Christians ignoring Jesus' advice is nothing new...

No. I don't really recall the last time I saw an example, though.

• In the sense that any display of mass delusion does.

Nope it doesn’t

Source(s): Christian
  • Den B7

No more than mimes do.

• mila
      2 years agoReport

A bunch of praying Xtians isn’t nearly as lovely as a mime.