Bank teller refused to cash my check?

My mom has been unable to grocery shop due to a disability. I do it for her and usually pay but at the moment I got hit with a huge bill so she wrote me out a 100 check. I went to our bank to cash it and it's a new bank teller. I explain I need to cash it and provide her my id. She looks it over and smugly says... show more My mom has been unable to grocery shop due to a disability. I do it for her and usually pay but at the moment I got hit with a huge bill so she wrote me out a 100 check. I went to our bank to cash it and it's a new bank teller. I explain I need to cash it and provide her my id. She looks it over and smugly says she can't cash it because the signature on the check doesn't match with the account. My mom's signature is a kind of sloppy so I explained that was her signature, the situation, this isn't the first check from her I cash and there has never been a problem like that before. She continues to say that's not the right name. I tell her if you look back at old checks she writes that's the signature. She tells me no and to bring my mom in next time despite her being unable to walk. I go the other bank a few miles away and they cash it fine. I know legally they have a right to say no to cashing a check but do I have a reason to be mad here?
24 answers 24