Why does Rooster Teeth keep changing how long people have to wait to watch their shows for free?

When RWBY first started on their site sponsors got to see the episode a few hours before everyone else. I was fine with that because having to wait just a few hours wasn't that long. Then they changed it to where sponsors got to see it a day before everyone else. That was a bit more annoying but I was still... show more When RWBY first started on their site sponsors got to see the episode a few hours before everyone else. I was fine with that because having to wait just a few hours wasn't that long. Then they changed it to where sponsors got to see it a day before everyone else. That was a bit more annoying but I was still somewhat okay with that because I just had to wait an extra day to see it which wasn't really that much longer. Now, though, they have implemented a First program where people who are paying First members get to see it when it is released on Saturday. Then if you want to see it on their site for free you have to create a registered account AND wait until Tuesday. If you don't want to do either of those you have to wait a week to see it for free on YouTube. Why did they have to keep changing how long people had to wait to see their content for free? I know that registering on their site is free but that's not the point. It's the principle of the matter. We never had to be registered on their site to watch shows there before. Why now? Now I am forced to use sites like Animepace instead of being able to watch it directly from them because I refuse to have to either pay money or register or wait a week to watch their shows when I never had to do that before.
1 answer 1