Should I tell my parents and/or doctor I am depressed?

I am currently a senior in high school, and have been dealing with depression and anxiety since sophomore year. It started of as mild and I was able to help myself by hanging out with friends and keeping myself busy. However, since the beginning of the school year my depression has gotten worse and I am truly... show more I am currently a senior in high school, and have been dealing with depression and anxiety since sophomore year. It started of as mild and I was able to help myself by hanging out with friends and keeping myself busy. However, since the beginning of the school year my depression has gotten worse and I am truly starting to go downhill. I isolate myself from my friends and I have quit all the activities I used to love to do. I spend time alone at night sitting in the dark and just wishing that I could just get better. I am struggling very much right now with depression and while all my friends have noticed, neither of my parents have. I am scared to tell them as I feel like they wouldn’t take me seriously. I have my annual physical with my doctor soon and I am debating on whether to tell my doctor so they could help me tell my parents. I am just scared at their reaction and that they will refuse to help me. I just feel alone in the world and I often times just want it all to end. What do you guys think I should do?
8 answers 8