Family recording me while I work in their house as a carer - legal?

I’m a live in carer (live 1-2 weeks with clients) and I recently accepted a new client, i arrived and all seemed well - nice gentleman, easy work, he’s gone 6 hours a day with activities. Pretty much all the best you can hope for. Anyway I then noticed there where live cameras across the house in the kitchen and... show more I’m a live in carer (live 1-2 weeks with clients) and I recently accepted a new client, i arrived and all seemed well - nice gentleman, easy work, he’s gone 6 hours a day with activities. Pretty much all the best you can hope for.

Anyway I then noticed there where live cameras across the house in the kitchen and living room (mot upstairs) to watch me/carers at all times.

This is the first time I’ve seen this and can understand the families concerns but I feel violated...I know they watch it cos they tell me what time the client gets up, why didn’t you do this etc.

No one told me when I arrived - not my agency, nor family, not carer before me that there would be cameras.

Am I right to be upset at this - at least they could tell me. It makes me so uncomfortable, especially as I’m staying there 24/7 for 2 weeks and being filmed without my consent or knowledge. I do my job as perfectly as possible but this seems such an insult.