Name of Home Invasion/Torture/Interrogation Movie?

I've been trying to remember what the name of this movie is forever. Here is what I remember: A man is living in an apartment. He has a wife and a kid, but they aren't home. Another man breaks into his apartment, ties him up, tortures him, threatens him, kills his dog, kills some girl (neighbor or... show more I've been trying to remember what the name of this movie is forever.

Here is what I remember:

A man is living in an apartment. He has a wife and a kid, but they aren't home. Another man breaks into his apartment, ties him up, tortures him, threatens him, kills his dog, kills some girl (neighbor or babysitter?), and threatens to kill his wife and kid (he sees a picture of them in the apt). At the end, the man who lives there calls his wife, and she comes home and finds a newspaper clipping that proves her husband has an alibi for what he is being accused of. The intruder lets the man and his wife go, and then the man, his wife, and their kid drive away, and it is revealed that the wife had faked the newspaper clipping, and the man had done the deed he was being accused of all along.
Update: Forgot to add: I saw this movie come on TV probably at least.. 4 years ago? So it had to have been at least that old. I don't think it looked like it would have been set back later than the early 90s/late 80s though, if that even.
1 answer 1