Why does my cat do such gross things? Is it a sign of disrespect or kindness?

My cat can be very nice to me at times, and will often spend hours sitting next to me or in my lap on my bed as I pet him. However, he tends to do strange and disgusting things like roll in the dirt of my backyard then rub on me, urinate in my bathroom (even if his litter box is empty and he was just outside), and... show more My cat can be very nice to me at times, and will often spend hours sitting next to me or in my lap on my bed as I pet him. However, he tends to do strange and disgusting things like roll in the dirt of my backyard then rub on me, urinate in my bathroom (even if his litter box is empty and he was just outside), and every time he vomits he runs straight to my room, no matter where he is in the house! He's done all of these things repeatedly and I just want to know why! Is it because he loves me or because he hates me?