Cat escaped into my neighbours front yard, and now I've been reported?

So it was around midnight when my cat decided to make a run for it into my neighbours front yard. I didn't want to wake them so I decided to have a quick look. Apparently this was the exact moment that the person across from my neighbours decided to look out their window to see a random guy creeping in their... show more So it was around midnight when my cat decided to make a run for it into my neighbours front yard. I didn't want to wake them so I decided to have a quick look. Apparently this was the exact moment that the person across from my neighbours decided to look out their window to see a random guy creeping in their yard and call said neighbours. So anyway I just got a huge earful despite me trying to explain the situation and had to leave even though I can see my cat in their tree. I've asked them to just let me get my cat or even if they could grab him but they said no. What do I do? I just want my cat back