How to convince family to get a cat ?

For the longest time I've wanted a pet but my mother sister were allergic But my mom has decided to live away for a year, and if she likes it she's going to live in Africa permanently My oldest sister moved out And so now it's just my other older sister and dad And my dad doesn't really care, as... show more For the longest time I've wanted a pet but my mother sister were allergic
But my mom has decided to live away for a year, and if she likes it she's going to live in Africa permanently

My oldest sister moved out
And so now it's just my other older sister and dad
And my dad doesn't really care, as long as he doesn't have to pay for much
But my sister is afraid of it
But she's deadly scared of dogs but I've never seen her run away from cats
And she's the type of person to not want to see others happy and she does this subconciously
So as soon as I say there's no reason for us to not have a cat she says "I'm afraid and I don't want to live in a house where I'm afraid of that thing "
She had a fair point but i feel like she doesn't mean it
We're so scared of cockroaches yet no matter how many exterminators
We still learn to live with them

So anyways im just saying I really wanted a cat and I'm 19
I don't want to wait until I move out when I'm married or go to college abroad like bruhh I want one now