Did you ever actually grow out of your mental illness?

2 friends from high school had mental illnesses. One of them had an eating disorder, one had anxiety and OCD. They were both 13-14 when diagnosed, they're now in their 20's and since then they're doing much better. Back then we thought they were never going to get better. My friend with the eating... show more 2 friends from high school had mental illnesses. One of them had an eating disorder, one had anxiety and OCD. They were both 13-14 when diagnosed, they're now in their 20's and since then they're doing much better. Back then we thought they were never going to get better. My friend with the eating disorder was in hospital for a combined 15 months over 3 years (6 different admissions). They were closer to death each time they went in. My other friend was in hospital once, but at one time never left the house for almost 6 months. Over time they just seemed to almost drop it suddenly... I asked them and they said no one type of therapy or incident happened to help it. My friend with the eating disorder said they just "grew up" and my other friend pretty much agrees it's what happened to them... I don't have personal experience with it so it's just hard to understand... Do you happen to fit this description too?
20 answers 20