Idea number 2: Is this a good way to speed on the highway without getting a ticket.?

Figure a freeway where the speed limit is 65. The idea is to use a pace car. A pace car is a vehicle traveling consistently at speeds of around 10-15 miles over the speed limit. What I do is follow the pace car at a safe distance, keeping pace. Now think about it: What do people usually instinctively do when... show more Figure a freeway where the speed limit is 65.

The idea is to use a pace car. A pace car is a vehicle traveling consistently at speeds of around 10-15 miles over the speed limit.

What I do is follow the pace car at a safe distance, keeping pace.

Now think about it: What do people usually instinctively do when they pass a parked cop, whether they are speeding or not? They hit their brakes.

As I said, I follow the pace car at their speed from a distance, and when I see their break lights come on for no apparent reason, that's my cue there's a cop up ahead, and I'll have time to slow down before I come within their radar.

Result: I'll be rolling by the speed trap at 65 miles per hour when I get there, and the pace car gets the ticket, and I don't.

Then I find another pace car.

Could thag work?