Customer asking me out?

Im 24 and I was at work yesterday behind the register, a guy in his late twenties came in and bought something. As I was going through the transaction he started asking me questions and asked why it was so quiet. I said it should pick up by next week and he asked me if he could pick me up next week. I didn’t... show more Im 24 and I was at work yesterday behind the register, a guy in his late twenties came in and bought something. As I was going through the transaction he started asking me questions and asked why it was so quiet. I said it should pick up by next week and he asked me if he could pick me up next week.

I didn’t reply and he said I didn’t answer him, so I asked him if he was being serious he said he was but I lied and said I couldn’t because I had a boyfriend.

I really thought he was just joking around. I have other customer and guys on the street call me gorgeous and give me compliments but I always feel like they are joking.

Was he being serious? and how can you tell if a guy is being serious or not?