How come people don't believe that an mental illness can be deteriorating enough to make someone unable to work?

I have bipolar and I feel like this country does not have enough education about mental illnesses. I was diagnosed with bipolar since i was a teen. For years and years I have been trying to apply for disability and have been turned down and recently got turned down by a disability hearing judge. Now everyone... show more I have bipolar and I feel like this country does not have enough education about mental illnesses. I was diagnosed with bipolar since i was a teen. For years and years I have been trying to apply for disability and have been turned down and recently got turned down by a disability hearing judge. Now everyone believes this stupid judge and is forcing me to go find a job. My family my attorney and my friends and relatives now don't believe my psychiatrist and says I can work but that I am just too lazy to want to work. No one believes me at all and I get bashed on here like crazy when I am trying to get support and sympathy from people. My doctor says I can't work and so I will not go to work for now. My mental state is a mess so how can I work. I wished that bernie sanders was elected president because if he were he would have gotten more people educated about mental illnesses and how it can affect someone's ability to work. We instead have some moron in office. I feel like if bernie was president I would have gotten disability. I am tired of it and I am leaving this site and I am gonna find some type of mental health forum so that I can post and get support from others who also can't work because of an mental illness. Bipolar disorder can be detriorating enough to affect one's ability to work. I'll just say to people I've applied for jobs but never gotten calls back to get them to stop bugging me. How come people don't believe bipolar can affect one's ability to work ?