Stabbing pain in my left big toe?

I have this really bad habit of cutting my toe nails too short and now I have this horrible pain in the corner of my toe where the nail meets the skin on my big toe. I do ballet and I can't put on my shoes because it squeezes my feet and it hurts my toe so badly. It feels like there is a knife

in my toe and when anything touches it

starts stabbing. could my short toe nails have caused this or something else and how can I fix it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago
    Favourite answer

Sounds like you have a problem with an ingrown toenail, an infection or a ripped cuticle. Since you rely on this so much and ballet already puts tremendous strain on your toe, you really should go to the doctor--be sure to explain about the ballet situation as well.

• 3 years ago

Uh-Oh...Ingrown toenail time....Better see a podiatrist....

• 3 years ago

could be ingrown toe nail

• 3 years ago

You just answered your own question

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Don't cut your nails so short in the future. And ballet is hell on your toes. Buy a bottle of NewSkin and put a half dozen layers on the spot where it hurts. A tiny spot.

• 3 years ago

Yes, you probably cut too low. There’s no immediate way to fix it, but you can learn from this mistake, and file your nails instead of cutting them. It takes more time, but your nails come out smooth instead of sharp, and you have more control over the length.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.