My wife has THE WORST taste?

Okay I'm a guy, I don't really care about looks. But the way my wife decorated our house, I'm embarrassed to open the door for the delivery man! It is HIDEOUS!! She doesn't even know what she likes, she just buys random things online that she thinks will make our house better, and puts them all in... show more Okay I'm a guy, I don't really care about looks. But the way my wife decorated our house, I'm embarrassed to open the door for the delivery man! It is HIDEOUS!! She doesn't even know what she likes, she just buys random things online that she thinks will make our house better, and puts them all in the same room, regardless if they go or not. I sound dramatic, but she spends so much money on our house, yet it looks terrible. I've told her before, "Are you sure you want to keep that?" "I think a carpet without brown on it would look better" etc. She takes it to heart when I tell her. I don't mean to hurt her feelings, but I can't stand my own home. I want us BOTH to feel comfortable. How do I politely tell her that there needs to be a change, without hurting her feelings?

I've tried shopping myself, because my style honestly is pretty decent. But if I tell her, "I'll shop for a new carpet online for our dining room, and I'll run it by you."......3 days later, theres a new hideous carpet in our dining room that she bought.