I found a digital camera under my sink with some very strange images on it?

So this is just TOO weird. I don't even know where to begin. Long story short, I moved into an apartment with my girlfriend about 4 weeks ago and we've been slowly cleaning the place up. Just today I decided to start cleaning the second bathroom, which we haven't really been using since moving in. Under... show more So this is just TOO weird. I don't even know where to begin. Long story short, I moved into an apartment with my girlfriend about 4 weeks ago and we've been slowly cleaning the place up. Just today I decided to start cleaning the second bathroom, which we haven't really been using since moving in. Under the sink I found an older looking digital camera (possibly from the early 2000s) and on it I found photos. Most of these photos appear to be of the previous residents' belongings. Some of them appear to be very old photos of a family in a rural setting. They depict a man, a woman and three children (two girls and a boy). These almost appear as if they are from the pre 1980s era. Some of the photos depict the empty apartment, but HERE'S WHERE IT GETS SUPER DISTURBING: there are 17 photos on this camera that depict OUR STUFF covered in dust. They look like they were taken MANY years into the future. There are also two photos depicting two of our belongings that are clearly broken, but I'm looking at these two things right now and they are perfectly fine. For example, there is a ceramic hen that my girlfriend's grandparents bought in Austria many years ago. As far as I know, this ceramic hen is one of a kind and the photo clearly depicts the same ceramic hen shattered on a dusty kitchen floor.

I'm guessing our landlord is playing a trick on us or something. Is it possible to transfer photoshopped photos onto a digital camera??? What should I make of this??