Guy wants me to pay him with amazon payments for a camera he put on Craigslist. Is this legit or a scam?

He seemed legit until he mentioned Amazon Payments. Here’s his messages for clarification: His reply: Unfortunately there is no one at home who can show it to you and I have to travel back home to close the deal. I want to complete the sale through Amazon which protects us both (buyer and seller) and you can do a... show more He seemed legit until he mentioned Amazon Payments. Here’s his messages for clarification:

His reply:
Unfortunately there is no one at home who can show it to you and I have to travel back home to close the deal. I want to complete the sale through Amazon which protects us both (buyer and seller) and you can do a complete inspection before the payment is released to me. How the Amazon Pay buyer program works
I can start the transaction right away, I only need your name and address for invoicing and title transfer purposes.
As soon as the Amazon transaction is confirmed, we can make arrangements for local pick up or i can deliver the camera if you pay the gas cost.

My reply:
I would much rather meet in person at a public location and give you cash up front?

His reply:
My rental cabins are fully booked for the next few days so I won t be able to drive back home. I can start the transaction on Amazon and once I get the payment confirmation from them we ll setup a time for pick up or if you agree on splitting the gas cost I could deliver to your place. If you refuse to buy the camera when you see it, you can simply withdraw your funds from Amazon or use your money however you please. If that works I m waiting for your name and address to get things moving.

I’m quite skeptical. My gut tells me it’s a scam but I’m the type to give people the benefit of the doubt. What do you guys think?