I don t understand sheltered people?

It s just...they seem to think everyone in the world is nice, and I just don t get why. I didn t have a huge social circle, or lots of different experiences, and most of the time the people around me are nice. And still I ve always known people can be cruel. Everyone I know feels the same way I do, except for the... show more It s just...they seem to think everyone in the world is nice, and I just don t get why. I didn t have a huge social circle, or lots of different experiences, and most of the time the people around me are nice. And still I ve always known people can be cruel. Everyone I know feels the same way I do, except for the sheltered people.

Why are they different?
Update: It's so strange, it's like it doesn't occur to them that bullies or mean people are real. They think only criminals or people who flat ut ahte you will harm you. BTW, I'm talking about ppl who are as old as mid-20s.
Update 2: See, even the top answerer who stays @ home all day knows how the world is. I just genuinely don't get how someone couldn't.