My 7 year old won't play with others?!?

She's 7, and she's never wanted to talk to others her age. She has no friends because of this.. She doesn't seem to have social anxiety. She'll talk with people fine. But always avoids people. She doesn't like when people hug her, or anything. She doesn't play with others in her class.... show more She's 7, and she's never wanted to talk to others her age. She has no friends because of this.. She doesn't seem to have social anxiety. She'll talk with people fine. But always avoids people. She doesn't like when people hug her, or anything. She doesn't play with others in her class. She'll just sit off to the side and read. Teachers are worried. I don't understand it. I've tried asking why she won't talk and play with the other children. She'll answer " they don't interest me" "I don't like to play" or something along those lines. She plays by herself, and will often do things like draw, build box forts, etc.. She won't even play with her little sister. She'll lock herself in her room and be in her box forts for hours! Normally reading. I've tried putting her in groups and clubs but still, she wont even play with kids who come up to her and ask her to play. Tharopy won't help, we've tried. She just complains how she thinks it's stupid we make her talk to a councillor/ tharopist.
What do I do?!
I want her to have a few friends... she's always alone!
2 answers 2