I am a front desk manager at a hotel and I have no authority over my employees. The owners undermine me always and my employees know this.?

Update: I put a call off policy into place when I took over. Calling off and being late earn you points and at 6.5 you get fired. One girl is at 9.5 and they still won't let me fire her.She is a terrible employee but they just keep telling me to talk to her. If I fire her, they will probably fire me. I am tired of... show more I put a call off policy into place when I took over. Calling off and being late earn you points and at 6.5 you get fired. One girl is at 9.5 and they still won't let me fire her.She is a terrible employee but they just keep telling me to talk to her. If I fire her, they will probably fire me. I am tired of having no authority over my own employees. They all do whatever they want.
Update 2: And, when they call off, I have to work their shifts. When they are late, I am the one who is stuck there waiting for them to show up. The owners have nothing to do with the day to day operations of the hotel and yet they won't let me discipline anyone. I am fed up. Should I quit?
Update 3: What should I do about this situation? I don't want to find a new job, but this one is killing me. I work constantly, I never see my kids. Something has to give.