Help! I'm a straight girl who's in love with another straight girl?

Ok so for my entire life (i'm 16 btw) I've been interested in guys. I've dated guys and I've had crushes on guys. But there's this one friend who I met through one of my other friends back in July. She goes to my school but I only started hanging out with her in July but ever since then... show more Ok so for my entire life (i'm 16 btw) I've been interested in guys. I've dated guys and I've had crushes on guys. But there's this one friend who I met through one of my other friends back in July. She goes to my school but I only started hanging out with her in July but ever since then we've been bffs and do everything together.

one day i randomly thought about what it would be like to kiss her and when we hung out i started noticing her body and how attractive she was. we both have around the same slim body i guess. we both do sports.

Anyway it went from imagining kissing her to imagining us doing a lot of other stuff (not gonna go into detail, its obvious). I'd say around late October that I was completely in love with her and wanted to be more than friends.

But we're both straight, and I don't know how to tell her that I like her. She knows me as a straight girl and i don't look like anything but that. We still hangout like always and I act normal around her, but i secretly love it when she'll hug me or when we'll playfully hold hands or when we have sleep overs.

She's the only girl I've ever had feelings for. I think about her all the time and want to date this girl so badly it's killing me. idk if i should tell her or try to do something crazy to get her to like me. she's smart, funny, beautiful, awesome, nice

I really need advice because i've reached a dead end. TY!
Update: (Jan. 6) Hey! I'm just updating you guys on how it's going (for those who still care lol). I combined a lot of the really good advice and it seems to be working! I've been holding her hand for longer now and her response was really good!! We talked about a bunch of lesbian topics and her... show more (Jan. 6) Hey! I'm just updating you guys on how it's going (for those who still care lol). I combined a lot of the really good advice and it seems to be working! I've been holding her hand for longer now and her response was really good!! We talked about a bunch of lesbian topics and her response/opinion was positive. Also, ever since I got more touchy with her, she got way more touchy with me! :) Idk if she likes me or if she knows that I like her. So far so good for now. I'll update soon <3
Update 2: (Jan. 14) IT WORKED! ty to everybody who answered and helped! :) I kept on getting more flirty and playful with her and she did too! 2 days ago we were hanging out in her room and sitting together when she started talking about lesbians and she asked me if i would ever wanna kiss another girl. she held my hand... show more (Jan. 14) IT WORKED! ty to everybody who answered and helped! :) I kept on getting more flirty and playful with her and she did too! 2 days ago we were hanging out in her room and sitting together when she started talking about lesbians and she asked me if i would ever wanna kiss another girl. she held my hand when she asked and when i noticed, SHE KISSED ME! we kissed for a while, etc and now it's been 2 days and she said she wants us to be a couple and keep it secret! TY GUYS SO MUCH ILY!! :)