How to comfort 6 month old daughter? Tried all my wife's techniques and nothing is working.?

We have a 6 month old daughter and a 2 year old son. My wife is a RN and has gone back to work as a school nurse and leaves for work around 7am and gets home around 4pm. I work the night shift and once I've slept for a few hours I take over for the sitter and take care of my daughter. It seems she doesn't... show more We have a 6 month old daughter and a 2 year old son. My wife is a RN and has gone back to work as a school nurse and leaves for work around 7am and gets home around 4pm. I work the night shift and once I've slept for a few hours I take over for the sitter and take care of my daughter. It seems she doesn't want me. I try everything my wife does that works for her when she is upset...I walk with her, rock her, sing to her, shush in her ear, but she doesn't want any part of it. She is breastfed and my wife pumps milk and puts it in a bottle and when I try to feed her she won't accept it. I try taking her for fresh air and car rides, but she just cries and cries until my wife comes home. I never had this problem with my son and he is ok with my wife being gone and coming back later. When my mother-in-law comes sometimes my daughter is ok with her and will respond a bit better to her, but still isn't happy until my wife comes home. She will calm down and be happy as clam when my wife is home and settle into her arms and breastfeed the whole night if my wife let her. What could I do to make my daughter more comfortable with me? Why does she react this way? What are some other tips I can try? Thanks.
8 answers 8