My son wants to wear the hijab?

He is 8 and I've told him many, many times that hijabs are for girls. He has told me that he hates being a boy and wants to start dressing like a girl. He has a twin sister, and, one night, I found him dressed in one of her dresses and hijabs, staring at himself in the mirror and crying. I've told his... show more He is 8 and I've told him many, many times that hijabs are for girls. He has told me that he hates being a boy and wants to start dressing like a girl. He has a twin sister, and, one night, I found him dressed in one of her dresses and hijabs, staring at himself in the mirror and crying. I've told his father, and he spanked him and yelled at him. We've been over many times that homosexuality and crossdressing are sins in God's eyes, but he just won't understand. He says he gets bullied at school because he acts like a girl. He is always very distressed and crying. He gets upset easily, especially when we call him unmistakably masculine things (like we call him our son, or say that he's a good boy). It is a struggle everyday to get him dressed. He says he hates all his clothes and always looks at his sister's clothes with a longing look in his eyes. What do I do? Ground him until he snaps out of it? What? I've prayed to God for help, but, so far, He hasn't helped me at all. I'm so lost.
19 answers 19